So, here is where the fun began...
Our driver picked us up at 3:00 Thursday afternoon. He drove us in stop and go traffic to the consulate where we met our guide who had picked up our documents including Rachel's immigrant visa placed in her Chinese passport. After that, we were in our way to Hong Kong for our late night flight. About 30 minutes into our 3.5 hour trip, Rachel threw up all over herself and me. It also hit the seat and floor of our van. I cringed, the driver rolled down the window and just kept driving. We had to get out of the van at the China/Hong Kong border and walk through customs. I was feeling especially gross now. Finally, we made it to the airport. The driver got out and put all of our stuff on a cart and drove off. I think he was ready to be done with us! After he left, I looked at the cart and asked Matt where my jacket was. In the back of the van, of course. I guess he deserves it, since he has the clean yucky out of his nice van. We headed to the airport restroom and changed clothes into the few remaining clean clothes I could pull out of the luggage. We had a few hours to wait, so we had Starbucks again. It was one of the few pleasures of home during our trip. Once we got to our terminal, Luke crashed. We woke him up to board the plane, and he slept the entire three hour flight to Seoul. We arrived in Seoul at 5:00am and didn't board until 9:00 am for our 13 hour flight home. We played some, Matt and Rachel napped some, and then I got a little nap too. Finally, we boarded our flight and headed home! The flight was pretty uneventful, just long. Anna slept probably the first half of the flight, so she missed the first meal. Luke slept again near the end of the flight, and we had to wake him to get off the plane. The Atlanta skyline was just as good to see as it was three years ago when we landed home with Anna. Once we were through customs and immigration and picked up our luggage, we saw a glorious sight of Joshua, Caleb, and David waiting for us. I would have run to them, but I was carrying Rachel and a backpack, and we had just walked 15 minutes from our terminal to customs. They really should have consulted an industrial engineer when they designed that!
Rachel hated the car seat, just as we knew she would. She cried and screamed until she fell asleep. Mom brought Thomas home, and I was so happy to have all my babies home again. We spent the evening playing games and trying to unpack. David fixed dinner for us, and we all crashed around 9.
No comments:
Post a Comment